Stephen Metelsky is the author of “Undercover: Stories from the underworld of law enforcement” and spent 21 years in Canadian law enforcement before retiring in 2017 as a Sergeant. During his final year, Stephen worked with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) as part of the Combined Forces Special Enforcement Unit. The target? Some of the most violent mobsters in Canada. Stephen’s work developing informants was recognized by RCMP as he produced vital information needed to bring down violent organized crime families. His account of a police agent being inducted into the Bonanno family as a ‘made’ man is the highlight of the multi-year investigation.
Info for pictures below in order from left to right:
- Photo of Stephen Metelsky from 2016 on Project OTREMENS [seated in car]
- Joey Violi [mugshots]
- Dom Violi [mugshots]
- John “Pops” Papalia mugshot [boss of one of the 3 Hamilton crime families; made member of the Buffalo Maggadino family; was killed in Hamilton in 1997 by the Musitano brothers – Hamilton’s third OC crime family].
- Pasquale “Pat” & Angelo Musitano mugshots; [they arranged murder of boss John Papalia; Angelo was killed during Project OTREMENS; Pat was gunned down in July 2020]; Pat’s name was mentioned on the ‘wires’ near the end of Project OTREMENS  in the context of “he will be gone by Christmas.”
- Photo of an exhibit found in Dom VIOLI’s home during arrest [signed Sopranos photo]
- Paolo Violi [underboss of Montreal mob] outside his social club in 1975 that had been wired for sound by a UC. Paolo’s two sons, Dominic and Joey Violi were the targets of the RCMP’s Project Otremens.
- Results of the plea deal for the Violi brothers
- Book cover
- Still photograph from the mafia induction ceremony of the agent in Hamilton during OTREMENS